2013 British Birdfair
The 2013 British Birdfair was a successful event for many, us included, the thousands of birdwatchers passing through, was a wonderful experience and helped us at Birding For All to raise both awareness and money.
Our sale of books went well, raising us £324 (check us out next year we will have loads more available, you may even be able to get a signed one from Bo Beolens AKA Fat Birder) and our Raffle did extremely well (we under estimated how many tickets we could sell) and we sold out all 500 tickets, and someone got a bargain! £1 per ticket and the winner walked away with a pair of Swarovski CL Companion 8 x 30 Binoculars, results below (I am very jealous). At the 2014 Birdfair we want to beat this total, so do remember to stop by, there are not many places you can get such amazing prizes (see below for this years) for the miniscule sum of just a pound (£1).
On a personal note it was mine (Ashley Beolens) and Zoe Halliday’s first Birdfair helping out with Birding For All and it was great to meet so many wonderful people and good fun spending time with the other volunteers (even if the RSPB did steal our raffle ticket selling ideas).
- Ist Prize. – Swarovski CL Companion 8 x 30 binoculars
- 0435 – Mr. Przeslak – Bridgeford, Notts.
- 2nd Prize – Opticron Fieldscope and tripod
- 0400 – Mrs. V. Vine – Wickford, Essex
- 3rd Prize – An original painting by Ian Griffiths…….
- 0204 – Mr. F. Wharfam – Clay Cross, Derbyshire
- 4th Prize – Original sketches from Bill Oddie
- 0086 – Mr. R. Leighton – Leeds, Yorkshire
- 5th Prize – A signed first edition of Bill Oddie’s book “Little Black Bird Book”
- 0135 – Mr. M. Murray – Clayton, West Yorkshire
All winners have been contacted.
The above results will also be in our next news letter.
2013 Birdfair Images:
The 2013 British Birdfair was another great event and here are a few of images of our volunteers hard at work selling raffle tickets and passing on information. Be sure to look out for us next year we are hoping to make a few changes to the stand.
Nick Baker (one of our wonderful patrons) with the Team
Bill Oddie (another of our wonderful patrons) and the volunteer team
Nick had enough of being asked to buy raffle tickets (Only joking around really)
Bill Oddie signing a raffle prize
Zoe Halliday hard at work selling raffle tickets
Zoe and Phil resting a bit
The Fatbirder hardly working!